Welcome to our special edition of Kidsafe Victoria’s e-news dedicated to the opening of our new Community Support Centre at Monash Children’s Hospital! We also have some information on the most recent product recalls. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook for regular safety tips and updates – happy reading and stay safe!
Kidsafe Victoria’s New Community Support Centre Officially Launched
On Friday 11 August, our new Community Support Centre at the Monash Children’s Hospital was officially launched by the Minister for Families and Children, the Hon Jenny Mikakos, with the assistance of two Monash Children’s Hospital patients, Chloe and Sophie, and Sophie’s brother Harry.
A range of partners, supporters and stakeholders were also in attendance to celebrate the opening.
The new centre is a one-stop shop for parents, carers, health professionals and the general public to access resources, information and advice on a range of child injury issues. The new centre is designed to engage both children and adults, with iPads to access websites, apps and interactive safety games, a children’s dress up area, safety demonstrations including a safe sleeping and child car restraint display, as well as a wide range of home, road, water and play safety resources.
A big thank you to Prof. Nick Freezer, Kym Forrest, Karen Green and the team at Monash Health for providing us with the space here at this amazing new facility. We look forward to continuing to work closely with Monash Health to keep Victoria’s children safe.
A big thank you also to our Vice President Robert Caulfield, Laura Miller and the team at Caulfield Krivanek Architecture who designed our new space pro bono. We could not be happier with the finished product and we are very appreciative of the hard work that you and your team have put in to make our Centre a reality.
We would like to acknowledge our partners who helped make our Community Support Centre possible, including those below:
Home Safety with RACV
RACV aims to engage, inform and empower the community on issues affecting them in the home and on the move. RACV provides advice and information to help members and the community stay safe – and child safety is high on our agenda. Below are some links to RACV’s safety resources and services:
- RACV conducted a research report on child injuries in the home which found that falls, poisoning, burns and scalds are among the most common injuries to children in the home.
- To keep families and their loved ones safe, RACV's home security team offers a wide range of solutions utilising the latest in technology.
- Pedestrian and driveway incidents continue to be one of the major causes of serious injury and death to young children. RACV, together with Kidsafe, developed the Elmo Stays Safe road safety campaign to teach children, parents and educators the importance of road safety.
- RACV attends an average of four incidents a day for children locked in cars. The Check Keys Check Kids Campaign offers parents practical tips to avoid accidentally being locked out.
- Ensuring children are travelling in the right car seat for their age and height is just as important as using seats correctly. Find out more about which child car seats are the safest on the RACV website.
- RACV Street Scene is a road safety program for Victorian primary school students. Schools can book a visit by an RACV educator.
RACV is a proud sponsor of the Home Safety Hub in Kidsafe Victoria’s new Community Support Centre.
C & F Commercial Pty Ltd — Graco Pack N Play & Graco Travel Lite
The products do not comply safety instructions and labelling requirements. Customers should cease using the product immediately and return to Paul's USA Direct Outlet Rockdale for a full refund. For more information please click here.
C & F Commercial Pty Ltd — various prams
The following products do not comply with the requirements of the mandatory standard. The tether strap, brake and safety warnings are not supplied or not sufficiently visible.
- Graco Stylus CL Connect, Graco Urbanlite Connect
- Graco Fastact Fold Connect
- Britax B Agile, Britax B Ready
- Dream On Me Double Pram,
- O.B Revolution CE and SE Stroller
Customers should cease using the product immediately and return it to Paul's USA Direct Outlet Rockdale for a full refund. For more information please click here.
eBay Trader livingspace888 - Baby Infant Swimming Pool Kids Neck Aid Trainer Float Tube Ring Inflatable Toy
For more information on the last month’s product recalls please visit the Australian Product Safety website here.